Sunday 11 September 2016

couch mode print story

Meet Daniel My New Little Executive Assistant!

I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I had to unexpectedly quit my full-time job in May of this year. In a way I knew the time was going to come because I was missing out on my son growing up and I wanted to be the one home loving, teaching, and taking care of him, but I wasn't planning on having to do it so quickly. I guess babies grow up faster than we hope. It didn't take me long to realize I had a very huge problem... His name is Daniel.

Of course, I love him more than anything in this world and he was the very reason I quit my job. Unfortunately, I didn't have any idea... how I was going to work at home and take care of him at the same time. To be totally honest I still haven't got a clue, but I came across an article the other day that talked about a mom that made her 16 month old daughter her executive assistant.

I know totally unheard of... Right?

My thoughts exactly, but I am now a stay at home mom that wants to work help and help support our family any way I possibly can. I've decided to try to make Daniel my executive assistant. I know from hours of research that everyone has their own ideas about setting up a workspace at home and that when you have children they say that you should have a separate place for your child!

I couldn't agree more, but I don't have a spare bedroom or den to use for an office in my home. We live in a small 1970's something single wide. With that being said, the only choice I have to set up my little office space is a little 5 foot corner against the back wall of my living room. Of course, Daniel has his own bedroom where he could go and play, but that never happens. Remember, me telling you he's needy, spoiled, and wild. I wasn't joking!

That's crazy! Read on...

Daniel's a Little Man Trapped In a Big Man's Body!

Alright. You're asking, if I encouraged him to play in the same room while I was working? No of course not. However, one of the ways children learn while growing up, is by imitating actions of people who are around them. Which is you! Have you ever just stopped what you were doing and just watched how your child plays on a daily basis? I have and was totally surprised to see what Daniel did while not under my direct supervision. He's a little man trapped in a big man's body!

Alright, so I'm over exaggerating a little... but he is his dad's son and "works" throughout the day. I was really amazed to see how much he really does imitate his dad's actions. With this being said, I am going to take my new found knowledge and use it to my advantage. Hopefully it'll work because I haven't had much luck with anything else and I'm not getting as much as I'd like to accomplished. I am going to make him his own work area next to mine.

The Executive Assistant Will Be In Shortly!

I am going to make Daniel his own little office next to my office. In hopes that he'll enjoy and love working with me everyday. It'll be just for him. Donald and I will get him his own little table or desk whichever one we can find with a chair and set it up right next to mine. Then we'll get him his own little cell phone, some coloring books and crayons, and a work bench with some toy tools. We already have a TV and DVD player so he can watch cartoons.

Hopefully, he will love having his own little space where he'll be able to watch me, play alongside of me while I work, and we can both get things done. Right now, he wants my undivided attention and doesn't want me to do anything, but pay attention to him and him only. I'm not sure what else I can possibly do to make him feel more secure and assure him that I'm not going anywhere, that I can play with him, pay attention to him, and still work.

My New Little Executive Assistant

I am not sure if this will work for either of us yet, but at this point I have nothing to lose. I'm thinking that I can give him a couple little things that he can do throughout the day that will help teach him such as hammer a nail in his work bench or complete a puzzle. As he gets older I can start adding other things that will help him learn while we are in our little office working.

With that being said, Meet Daniel My New Little Executive Assistant!

Tanya Green



2 comments:

  1. Get daily ideas and guides for making $1,000s per day ONLINE for FREE.
    CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find out how 1,000's of individuals like YOU are earning their LIVING online and are living their dreams TODAY.
    SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE

    ReplyDelete