Thursday 28 January 2016

couch mode print story

How to Earn Money on Wizzley with Chitika

Many online writers don't have an Adsense account. But Chitika offers an alternative, so you can still earn advertising revenue.

I've decided to use Chitika on Wizzley because I want a diverse income stream. But if you are able to use Adsense here, that is a better option.

However, if you don't already have an Adsense account, you won't be able to apply for one using your Wizzley pages.

In that case, the decision to instead use Chitika is an easy one. Fortunately, it's not difficult to get your own Chitika account, and this is how many writers are able to participate in Wizzley's ad-share revenue program. For instance, I was able to join Chitika without first proving myself, such as creating pages that immediately generated a lot of traffic.

Flickr photo by 401(K) 2013
 

Signing Up Was Really Simple

Getting a Chitika account was really easy. I just provided the company with a little bit of information, such as my email address, the platform I was writing for (Wizzley) and my selected username. This the the name I entered in my settings, in order to earn from the ads displayed on my articles.

Unfortunately, though, I made the mistake of putting my Chitika ID in the wrong spot on the Wizzley settings page. It took me a couple weeks to realize this error, after logging into my Chitika account and noticing no activity, such as impressions or clicks. Everything was a line of zeros. This was in no way the fault of the company. Just my own. If you do decide to join Chitika, make sure you enter your information on Wizzley correctly, in the Chitika Username box, instead of the Chitika Channel box.

Once I fixed this, I then began to see impressions. My earnings still registered zeros for a couple of months, but this is beginning to change. Partly because I'm learning how to optimize my Wizzley pages for Chitika ads.

I must be honest though. You're very unlikely to earn as much with Chitika as you are with using Adsense on your pages. This is also complicated by the fact that you can no longer turn on your Chitika text link ads, which appear as bright blue hyperlinks in the body of your articles. Nor can I use the hover feature, in which ads pop up. However, I wasn't entirely sold on the hover feature anyway.

Since I've turned the hyperlinks off, my revenue has fallen. I'm not sure quite what to do about this, which, unfortunately, has contributed to my decision not to add as many pages here, and to focus more on my own blogs.

Chitika has Good Support

Chitika was founded in 2003 by Venkat Kolluri and Alden Do Rosario, two former Lycos employees. The company now based in Westborough, Massachusetts. The name "Chitika" is an East Indian word that means "in a snap." That about sums up the process of signing up, as well as contacting customer support.

After signing up I've had to email customer support with questions. Within a very short amount of time my queries were answered, and it's always been by the same representative. He's been very patient, because I've had a lot of questions.

I've had even more since I've decided to use Chitika on four of my blogs. Even though the blogs are new, I'm starting to see a little spare change.
Chitika Gives You the Ability to Diversify Your Income

It's a bad idea for anyone who's trying to earn a living online to have just one income stream. You need a number of earning channels, such as Chitika, which, if you have your own website, can be used along with Adsense.

At Wizzley, however, you must choose between Chitika and Adsense. But it's a good alternative for publishers who can't use Adsense. This is a lifesaver for people who've signed up here, or would like to write here, but don't have an Adsense account.

I Immediately Monetized My Blogs With Chitika

I'd already had my Chitika account for a few months before I decided to start a blog. There was no separate approval process that I needed to undergo before adding Chitika. I simply logged into my Chitika account, and copied an HTML code for the style and color of the ads I wanted to display. Then I pasted the code into an HTML capsule on my blog. You can see one of my blogs and the Chitika ads by clicking here. Notice the blue hyperlinks? Those are Chitika ads.

Then I decided to monetize three additional blogs with Chitika and it was just as easy to do.

Most of the Chitika ads we see on Wizzley are lines of text. So I was pleasantly surprised to look at my blogs one day and notice some attractive display ads. Chitika support told me the company planned to use more of these in the future. I think this is a positive move that will help both Chitika and its publishers.

Earn Money by Referring Others to Sign Up for Chitika

You can earn money on Chitika by displaying its ads on your Wizzley pages, as well as your other sites. You also receive 10 percent of the earnings, for 10 months, from each publisher you refer to Chitika.

If you'd like to use Chitika to monetize your Wizzley articles, please feel free to click on the banner below and sign up.



0 comments:

Post a Comment